Friday, 3 May 2013

FMSTO: Machinery

The Borås Textile Museum is closed this year, preparing for a move to different premises.

Some photos from my archives might give you an idea why they’ll need at least a couple of years for the move…

DSCN1965

 

DSCN2062-001

 

DSCN1983-001

 

DSCN1960

 

DSCN1964

 

DSCN1968-1

 

DSCN1976

DSCN1977

 

DSCN1989-1

DSCN1988-1

 

DSCN2000-1

DSCN2001-1

DSCN2076-2

Some people (staff included) question the need to move at all, as the premises they’ve been in for the last couple of decades are well suited for the museum.

(Personally I liked it were it was, because it was close to where I live! Smile)

But one of the purposes, as I understand it, is to integrate the museum with the Textile College (all in other newly renovated old textile industry buildings).

I guess even museums have to move with the times!

Friday My Town Shoot Out: Machinery

8 comments:

  1. Awww, so there will be no textile museum to visit for TWO years??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely old mill and the machinery is amazing in it's complexity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. facinating. I visited a silk factory museum in como Italy. machines are very simular. I love the display with the lady in the blue dress. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when you visit this museum and share with us. amazing machines, every single one of them.. and they tell the history of textiles without words. i hope when they get moved you will be able to visit the new place. i like the place it is in, it looks great to me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you are right. That is a lot of stuff to move. Your photography is great as usual.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your experience in visiting the museum, such a great visit! There's none of such museum here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. interesting. great museum. like the next to last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My eye was caught by the shots with the spools of thread. I don't know why, I think it may be because to me that is what the machines are all about. I wonder if there is a machine in the museum of the thread being produced? And I just love the shot of the lady in her beautiful gown operating the machine! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands