Friday, 3 February 2012

Friday My Town: Macro

… Show case your town up close and personal! …

Oh, this theme gave me quite a headache! I’ve got lots of macro and close-up photos… The problem is my lack of or inconsistent tagging! To have something to go by, I chose one photo per month from 2011.

DSCN1659-1

January – hoar frost on fence

DSCN2181

February – bookmark from the Textile Museum,
the sheep shears is our town’s ‘coat of arms’

DSCN2371-1

March – window star made from horse shoe nails,
in my window. Still snowy outside.

DSCN3256

April - Wood Anemones, wild spring flowers.

CIMG0371

May - Lilacs

CIMG1213-1

June – (sweet water) clam shells on the beach by the lake

CIMG1700

July – Red Currants

DSC_0011-1

August – Red Admiral butterfly (Vanessa atalanta)

CIMG3073-1

(1) September – Mating Damselflies

CIMG4953-1

(21) October – First frost

CIMG5457-1

November – Rose hips

CIMG6486

December (New Year’s Eve) – ex-rosehip!

6 comments:

  1. What a great selection. There's no way I could chose a favourite out of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 perfect pics for the subject. i love the hoar frost in the first because of the "feeling" it gives me when i look at it. the butterfly and damsel fly are just stunning to behold. they are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica, you HAVE to make a small collage of these and hang it somewhere, REALLY! I just did the same with some of my photos which I will probably post about. Here's the deal. The fence, wood anemones, first frost, damselfly, and shell. It can be a comparison between frost and warm. I LOVE the currant photo and the butterfly, too! These are fantastic!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love 'first frost' lovely photo.
    I have been pretty good at tagging, 'labels' on my blog, very helpfull - but all my other photos are just in folders 'rio''italy' 'family' - lousy at tagging the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't decide on one best photo, because they are all gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these photos are beautiful!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    FMTSO

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands