Friday, 10 January 2014

FMTSO: Winter in My Town

Except for one cold and snowy week in early December, I think this must have been the most ‘unphotogenic’ winter in my blogging history. Since then (and still) it’s been constantly rainy and gray. I’ve hardly been out except for necessary grocery shopping; and the camera has been left at home on most of those occasions.

This is the only recent outdoors photo I have to offer – and even that was taken looking out from a window:

CIMG8237-001

View from the Abecita Art Museum a week ago, overlooking a parking lot adjoining a shopping center (not all under one roof but spread over quite a large area).

The link will take you to a post on my other blog about the museum and an exhibition of huge colourful tapestries I visited there. More fun to look at than rainy winter!

Or if you prefer, scroll back down through my December posts on this blog for more wintry pictures.

Friday My Town

11 comments:

  1. we have had 2 weeks of gray dreary looks like this and that is so unusual for us here in Florida... there is something about a gray day that kills my desire to take photos. even though i have seen others take great shots during gray days, i just lose all interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this type of weather can be uplifting too. I love the view from this window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely View, with snow it would be even better

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not been out much lately and when I took my photos, I did it from within my car so I didn't have to freeze while shooting. Although I did get out to take a photo of the frozen lake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raining photos taken through windows are among my favorite type of photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can deal with the gloomy sunless days if I am home and in my little next. Had not been to town for several days until I had to go for a new car battery. I feel sorry for those guys working out in the cold and can't do much with your hands with gloves on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rainy days call for a lot of creativity for photographs. But rainy days are the par for most winters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the artistic effect from the rain on the window. A very creative shot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has barely rained here at all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sometimes on cloudy wet days the air is very clear and the colors (when there is color) seem truer. I wonder how those dark wet days would show in B&W photography. I like the view through the wet window, it really left me with the idea of cold weather. have a great week. ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. Winter rain....that is what we have too.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands