Friday, 29 March 2013

FMTSO: Through Glass

 DSCN2060-1   DSCN2020-4

Two years ago I took these photos of glass objects at an exhibition in Borås Textile Museum. They were displayed in big glass cabinets (with light coming from all sides), so it’s glass seen through glass.

DSCN2020-5

(If anyone is wondering “why glass at a textile museum”, the exhibit was about Swedish design in the 1960s and 70s, also including furniture and textiles.)

 DSCN2020-2

DSCN2059-1

DSCN2061-1

Last summer I got to see the same exhibition again, but in another museum (also an old textile factory) in a smaller village in the district around here.

There the glass objects were displayed differently:

CIMG9036-001

Personally I liked the ‘open’ display better. But it’s interesting how you can create different impressions using the same objects in different settings.

CIMG9062

On the same outing last summer, I took these two photos at the café where we had a late lunch.

CIMG9061

Friday My Town Shoot Out: ‘Through Glass’

15 comments:

  1. clear glass is my favorite but real close in second place is any green glass, this is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the colored glass - you actually got photos without glares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all lovely. I have several pieces of green glass, but it is not this dense and rich looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all beautiful. I'm so jealous. My photos suck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glass is so magical. Those intense colors! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, we have a museum here in NJ where they still have a glass blowing factory. They do a festival in the grounds each year and I love getting lost in the glass museum :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E. This would be a fun thing to do. I love to watch glass blowing.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. Hard to believe some of these are behind glass, there's not even a hint of glare. I love the rich, vibrant colours of the collection in the museum. A wonderful selection as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those colorful bottle/glass, they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty set of glass seen through glass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love old glass: enjoyed all the photos. If I'd not gotten stuck on Alice I could have pulled photos of depression glass from the archives. went back a ways and caught up on your posts, always enjoy your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful colors and shapes of glass. fantastic choices for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice job on the shots of the glass. I love it. I only collect the cobalt blue these days. Had gotten too many.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands