The same purpose as a Christmas tree, Adrian. Whatever that is... :) It is an old tradition here to take in branches of birch for Easter, and decorate them with coloured feathers, and eggs. To put up a big tree like this in the town square for Easter is a later tradition though. In this town, I don't think it goes back more than a decade or so - if even that long. All part of an extra effort in later years to draw more people to the town centre... Good for business!
I found you blog incredibly intriguing and fun so I nominated you for the Irish Liebster Award from http://dianstimpanalley.blogspot.com. Go to my blog to see the rules.
What is that tree for? It looks good and so does the little girl. A great image for colour popping,
ReplyDeleteThe same purpose as a Christmas tree, Adrian. Whatever that is... :) It is an old tradition here to take in branches of birch for Easter, and decorate them with coloured feathers, and eggs. To put up a big tree like this in the town square for Easter is a later tradition though. In this town, I don't think it goes back more than a decade or so - if even that long. All part of an extra effort in later years to draw more people to the town centre... Good for business!
ReplyDeletethis tree is totally cool! and i love he bunny hanging out on the branch... those chairs will last forever...
ReplyDeleteClimbing things - just because they are there. That sounds like Ivy's philosophy at the moment.
ReplyDeleteThat tree doesn't need a purpose, it brings pleasure, that would be enough for me. I can imagine a child's delight when they spot the bunny!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this feathery Easter Tree!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous dressed-up Easter tree. Not just for kids! I like it too!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun tree!
ReplyDeleteThat is one pretty tree!
ReplyDeleteI found you blog incredibly intriguing and fun so I nominated you for the Irish Liebster Award from http://dianstimpanalley.blogspot.com. Go to my blog to see the rules.
ReplyDelete