Friday, 12 April 2013

FMTSO: The Bridges of Borås City

The Friday My Town Shoout Out theme  of the week is:  The Letter Your Town Begins With.

One B-word it’s hard to avoid in Borås is BRIDGES.
Besides the river running through town, there are also railways and motorways to contribute to the intricate maze of how to get from one place to another.

Going into town, I have to cross at least one bridge over the railway, one bridge over the river, and one underpass under the motorway.

CIMG1232

 

CIMG4172-001

The railway has to cross the river, too.

DSCN2300

 

CIMG2345

Where I live now, I can choose from a few different ways to walk into town so need not always go the same way.

DSCN2442-001

 

CIMG2502

There are four footbridges leading to/from the Town Park, which is situated on a peninsula.

CIMG5401-1

2010 06 café bridge

 

CIMG2383

 

DSCN9129-3

The sculpture Bodhi by Fredrik Wretman

DSCN9367

 

DSCN9629

See what roads others have chosen to take this initial letter theme at Friday My Town Shoot Out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12 comments:

  1. and the thing I like best of all about all your bridges is they are all different, and all beautiful, with flowers and scenery. not an ugly bridge in this group. these are awesome photos. i went through them twice....can't even pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes all the photos are beautiful. Any would be great to frame.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all of your photo of bridges and your town. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautiful scenery with all those bridges. That sculpture is interesting. I love the reflection of the yellowish building.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! I love the first view from above of the train. Then the next to last with the gorgeous bright sharp reflections. BUT my absolute favorite is SIX!!! Walking down the beautiful walkway with the beautiful flowers, shadows, and a big bird overhead...HOW can it get any better than this??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your four seasons of bridges. you have, I think, the most beautiful town or all our towns.
    enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is something about even the most mundane and plain of bridges that tells a story of one sort or another. I like bridges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love that snow shot, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in a city that is surrounded by bridges too. Not one of them is as pretty as these bridges. What a beautiful set of photos of your city.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness! you have outdone yourself. these are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were spoilt for choice with all those great bridges in your town, Monica. I like that you showed them to us in all seasons, although I like the winter wonderland scenes best, probably because it is something I never see.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands