Monday, 8 April 2013

Ruby Tuesday: Moulin Rouge*

CIMG3689-001

{*Moulin Rouge [mu.lɛ̃ ʁuʒ], French for Red Mill, a cabaret in Paris, France.}

CIMG3640-001

This old mill is found in the village where my parents lived in their retirement years (and before them, back in my childhood, my grandparents). These photos are from Easter, when my brother and I went for a walk there. As you can see, there was quite a bit of ice in the river – probably still is. Even though the sun has kept on shining, the nights are still cold with temperatures well below zero.

CIMG3642-001

For Ruby Tuesday

3 comments:

  1. your photography skills are getting better and better. these are amazing. i love the mill and the photos are just plain gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing mill design! So much character! And love that spill of water in the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How picturesque with the dam alongside it. And in very good repair.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands