Friday, 6 April 2012

Friday My Town: Hidden Niches

CIMG7639-001  

CIMG7698-001

This was a difficult theme for me this week. I’ve not had opportunity to be out and about much, there are very icy and unfriendly winds blowing outside anyway and people are withdrawing to their indoors hidden corners. I also have no tags in my photo archives that fit this theme.

However, above are two suggestions from the recent Home & Garden Fair – which can’t really be called hidden since the whole idea of a fair is to expose things; and although they may be doing their best to look like quiet spots, the whole thing was really an extremely noisy affair!

I also recalled the window niches in our old Town Hall/ Courthouse. They’re hidden in the sense that most people never go inside this building. I’ve been there a couple of times on Open House days with guided tours though.

DSCN4979

DSCN4966

And since this is not just any Friday but Good Friday:

CIMG4248

The niche behind the altar in the oldest church in town;
a church where I have a few times participated in all of the liturgical Easter services, from “Last Supper” Thursday to “Emmaus” Monday. Together they constitute a whole drama; and the Midnight Mass between Easter Eve and Easter Sunday is one in itself.

---

More hidden niches will be revealed here:
Friday My Town Shoot Out 

11 comments:

  1. Such lovely photos of niches this week. Wishing you a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the niche by the stairs, and the last one is perfect for good Friday, a niche for Good Friday, Happy Easter. i like that first one, a place i would love to sit, but minus the noisy crowd of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved both the first and the next to the last photos. I am surprised that no one had put in a photo of a Knave - great quiet and prayer niches. And I like the idea of using your designer niches - they are after all designed for you to imagine their use in your home - so it works. lovely shots as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful, wonderful niches, Monica!!!!It makes me want to have a niche in my home. I don't think the niches you post have to be hidden, but just show a place where you COULD be hidden. I got all excited when I saw your title was the same as Sandra's, and thought you two were psychic or something, then I saw it is a theme. I am glad to see a post from you, I was going to e-mil you if you didn't show up today, I was getting concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, LOVE these! I want to sit in one of those Adirondack chaises and read for the rest of the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice way to handle the theme. I love the niche where the cross is. So wonderfully perfect for today. Blessings of Easter to you and all your loved ones.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take the crowd away and the second niche would be made for me. I think your last shot is simply perfect for the theme and for the season. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those decorations on the wall, by the stairs, so beautiful! That would be perfect place to sit by the window and people watch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especislly like the second one. It looks like a quiet corner despite the fairgoers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since I can't hear the crowds those first couple of shots look quite comfortable indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As I have been going through this week's shoots, I have been amazed at the number of people who say they had a difficult time with the theme who then posted perfect pictures. I loved the first shot and want to sit in one of the chairs so much! But I agree with many of the comments that the alter is perfect for Good Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands