Saturday, 25 August 2012

Last Days of Summer

CIMG0163-001

From the lake beach near ‘the House’ last week.

Wordless Wednesday

 

PS – Also linking this photo to:

Friday My Town – Vacation Spots

Actually I haven’t had a proper “vacation” in seven years or more – which means not since before my first digital camera… But this beach is a “spot” that I have visited at least once, and usually more than once, every summer, my whole life. Not always going into the lake, but at least to look at it! It’s near the house where my grandparents lived when I was little, and then we kept it in the family as summer house, and then my parents lived there in their old age. By next summer, my brother and I hope to have sold the house… But the beach is a public place and will still be there and possible to visit.

10 comments:

  1. what a great place to swim. do i see you in there? lOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say this every week, but I love your country's landscapes--and crime fiction! Having a place like this to enjoy the last days of summer must be very important to you before the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great spot! Perfect place to play and relax...thanks for joining this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a shame you will sell this place of memories. to visit there must be a great break for you. love the header photo also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the last few years the house has been a place of work and worries more than one of relaxation, so I won't be too sorry to sell (esp. not if we get a decent price for it). The lake and beach will still be there to visit although likely to be less often in the future.

      Delete
  5. That photo is a great representation of a wonderful vacation. It reminds me of a vintage postcard and it makes me long to be there having that kind of fun. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kind of place , just to relax and do nothing except taking photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking photos is my kind of relaxation too :)

      Delete
  7. nice with the wall around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the splashing kids. Looks like they are having lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands