Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Ruby Tuesday: The Morning after the Rain

CIMG6069

I spent the weekend at the House outside town. Saturday was the hottest day of the summer, 31°C in the shadow before thunder and rain brought release in the late afternoon.

CIMG6054

Sunday morning was almost “chilly” in comparison – when I went for an early walk down by the lake I wore a cardigan over a long-sleeved shirt!

There were signs of sudden departures from the beach the afternoon before (the rain started around 3:30 pm)

CIMG6060

CIMG6058

CIMG6056

CIMG6051-001

 

CIMG6063

Linking to Ruby Tuesday Too

 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I could deal with being there, though not on the boat. I get seasick super-easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I... I prefer standing on firm ground looking out over the lake/sea rather than being out on (or in) the water!

      Delete
  2. a lovely place to visit, and that is really hot for you...i like the stump with the red rake on it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first picture the best, with all the beautiful blues! I love how you show the vestiges of where the people had been, makes it looks like a ghost beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little bits of red in each photo make them charming.

    Blue, Ruby, Yellow Window

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coulour red does have a tendency to stand out in most contexts! :)

      Delete
  5. It is very picturesque....I like a good thunder storm.
    It has been a grand summer so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where I live is known to be the rainiest city in Sweden, but this summer we've been very far from living up to the reputation!

      Delete
  6. It's good to think of you enjoying the countryside and, importantly in my mind, the lakeside, as a change from the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the beach best when it's empty and quiet, Graham. Something we have in common, I think ;)

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands