Thursday, 28 July 2011

Ducklings on the beach

CIMG2077

Being out at my dad’s old place yesterday, I went for a walk down to the lake in the afternoon. Not too far away from the human families enjoying a day at the beach, I found a family of mallards doing the same thing…

 

CIMG2079 

They got a little bit nervous as I approached, so made a unanimous decision to go for a swim.

 

CIMG2081

Looking left, looking right… Seems safe enough…

CIMG2082

Here we go!

 

CIMG2092

CIMG2100

Always do what Mummy does!

 

CIMG2135

CIMG2096

Not sure how she does that thing with her foot though!

 

CIMG2111

Getting tired of all this cleaning… I think I’ll go back up on the beach and have a nap. That human doesn’t seem so dangerous after all…

 

CIMG2115

Good idea, I’ll join you…

 

CIMG2127

Hey, the more the cosier!

 

CIMG2134

We’re a family, we stick together!

 

CIMG2141

And Mummy, of course!

 

CIMG2145

This is our spot on the beach!

 

To also see a video clip of us, go to Beyond the Lone Islands.

 

3 comments:

  1. I have now scrolled through your duck story 3 times, they are so sweet and precious and adorable. i like the one of the daddy scratching with the bright blue feather. lovely story and set of photos. so fun. i can't quit smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra. I could hardly believe that they let me get so close, I stood still there for quite a while and just snapped away... They were so cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these pictures are just adorable, I love them!!! The way you caught them copying everything mom does, then just so tired!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands