Monday, 18 July 2011

Hare

CIMG1750-1

I see this hare every now and then around where I live and in the old cemetery close by. Usually it’s hard to get close enough to get a good photo, but today he seemed lost in contemplation for a moment, and I managed to zoom him in.

There are also wild rabbits living in a railway bank nearby, and I saw several of those today as well. But they were more alert and too quick for me.

The hare is much bigger than the rabbits. I think he’s a ‘loner’. In the daytime I’ve often seen him in the cemetery; at night I sometimes see him from my window, grazing on the lawn below, when it’s quiet and no people around. In the winter, I watched him digging into the snow to get at the grass buried beneath.

3 comments:

  1. Monica, very well done. Hares are quick. They are loners. Watch for him in spring and he will be defending his territory. It is a wonderful sight...they stand up and box with their front feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking he's either Bigwig or General Woundwort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, he is wonderful. i would spend all my time looking out your window, your description was so good I felt like I was watching him dig in the snow and i felt a little cooler.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands