Friday, 23 November 2012

FMTSO: At Rest, At Play or In-Between

I did not have a clue what to do with this theme in the month of November. The added question “How do you spend your free time?” is absolutely no help at all since either I have no free time or nearly all my time is free time, depending on which way you want to look at it.

So what to do? Scrolling through my photo archives (that’s one way to spend Time), I found these old favourites from our town Zoo (taken on a couple of different occasions):

2011-08-13 zoo

DSCN2214

CIMG2842-1a

CIMG2894

CIMG2907-1

DSCN2246

CIMG2783-1

DSCN2106

Now I’m curious to see how others treated this theme…

http://mytownshootout.blogspot.se/2012/11/free-time.html

9 comments:

  1. i have not seen the others, but i can tell you yours is MY FAVORITE... these are amazing, really they are. love every single one of them. wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, your city must have an enormous zoo! wonderful shots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norma, one of the basic ideas of Borås Zoo (founded in the 1960s) is to give the animals plenty of space. It all started with one lion and now it is quite big. A visit involves a lot of walking. They specialize partly in African endangered species and partly in our own Nordic fauna, but have a few others as well.

      Delete
  3. These are amazing photos. The detail in these photos is outstanding. I think my favorite are the seals.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peggy, the sealion shows in summer are very popular and it seems the animals enjoy them as well. This photo was actually taken between the official shows... sometimes they give extra performances.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos, as always! I love going to zoo, but the entrance fee is quiet expensive. Good thing the son can get a corporate membership card from his employer, which entitles us free entrance! But only for once a year per staff, better than nothing , right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jama, the entrance fee is quite expensive here too. But here as well there are some employers and landlords etc who give a discount; and it's also possible to buy season tickets (which cost only a little more than a single ticket and then you can go as often as you wish). I do not visit the zoo every year, these photos are from 2009 and 2011.

      Delete
  5. The elephant pictures are amazing, as well as the two sweet seals. Now my question is, how in the heck did you get those rhinos to line up in order for your shot???

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a terrific take on the topic. Every shot is perfect but my favourites are the elephants, especially the second shot. I feel like saying, "I know how you feel!"

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands