Monday, 26 November 2012

Dalecarlian Style Buddy Bear

2012-11-24 Buddy Bears

Street artist painting a Buddy Bear in the shopping mall.

2012-11-24 Buddy Bears1

I swear I could hear the Bear say:
- Hey, buddy, you’re tickling me!!!

An exhibition of over 100 Buddy Bears will be coming to town in December, and you’ll be seeing more of them then!

 

If you’re wondering about the pattern on this particular one, it’s obviously inspired by the Swedish Dalecarlian Horses (link goes to an older blog post of mine where I explain about those). And I suspect the artist must be the same man who did this street mural back in the summer:

DSC_0338

 

DSC_0339

Linking to Mosaic Monday at Little Red House,
Ruby Tuesday 2 and Our World Tuesday

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful post ~ what a great event ~ Great photos ~ love the Swedish horses ~ have a few of them ~ ( A Creative Harbor) on Blogger ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea....soon be ice sculpture time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that horse mural... and how cool that they are painting them right there where you can watch, i was thinking they would just bring them there... looking forward to more of these bears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great artwork!

    http://www.womenandperspectives.com/2012/11/a-roadside-eating-place.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra, I think this is the only bear that will be painted on the spot, the rest will be brought here, I think it is a travelling exhibition. But this one will probably be staying.

    And Adrian... I think (although I'm not sure) that maybe this year the bear-painting was instead of the ice-sculpture. (both events being an artist working live in front of an audience) Judging by the weather we're having so far, maybe just as well to skip the ice-sculpture...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH!! I totally misread the other day, I thought it said Buddha Bears! This makes more sense! I adore these horses, too! If I had my way there would be paintings like that on every building!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well, I guess their shape is a bit Buddha-like ;) One of the purposes stated on the website is to promote a cross-cultural message of peace and harmony; there will also be fundraising for charities to do with helping children.

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands