Friday, 24 December 2010

Christmas At Home

 

Friday My Town Shoot Out: Christmas Where I Live

DSCN0978   DSCN0982

Spending a peaceful Christmas at home this year
and really just glad not having planned to go anywhere!

2010-12-21 train traffic

We’re having a White Christmas all over Sweden this year.
In many places way over the “comfort zone”:
Trains and flights cancelled or delayed, and roads blocked by snow.

DSCN0997

Even crossing the street as a pedestrian can be quite an adventure:

DSCN0922

The worst weather situation for Christmas is reported from the south-east coast, with heavy snowfall and strong winds causing the snow to drift. Where I live (an hour or so inland from the west coast), we have so far been spared more snow falling down from above; but it’s very cold, with icy winds adding to the chill.

As I woke up in the morning of Christmas Eve, we had ~13,5°C. Checking again two hours later, I had expected the temperature to have gone up a degree or so. Instead I find that it’s gone down to –15°…

All in all, it looks more like a shut-in than a shoot-out kind of Christmas!

I hope you’re safe and comfortable this Christmas, where ever you are.

♥ ♥ ♥

 

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I've noticed that the temperature is lowest about an hour after sunrise. Keep warm and have a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the shot of the railroad sign and the one of the snowplow are both awesome. yikes on the cold. we canceled our beach photo shoot because it is 40, can't imagine your old and i would be a shut in for sure. your tree is so pretty, enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look trecherous out there!! But I guess you are used to it, itsn't this your usual weather?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow looks lovely, even while it is a pain to deal with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things have improved a bit here - and my family arrived safely, so let Christmas begin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, snow is beautiful yet dangerous. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is no place like home, I wonder why people don't stay at home and go away after the snow storm?

    Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a good time to stay home and enjoy the holidays.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stay home and stay warm sounds a good idea to me. Love the train tracks photo, a perfect winter wonderland shot. Hope you had a lovely day tucked up inside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your snow photos are so lovely but I don't think I can survive the coldness there! Keep yourself warm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are getting hit with the snow! but is is so pretty. we aren't getting so much, so far that is.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands