Saturday, 18 June 2011

Friday My Town: Fishing Day

CIMG0529-1

Hey, there’s a fish in my bathtub!

CIMG0526-1

More than one, actually.

CIMG0530-1

One Saturday a few weeks ago we could see these fish in a big tub in the Town Square in connection with an environment theme day. They were bred at a fish-farm to be put out in a lake or river.

---

I will be taking a break from the Picture Book blog for a while. Explanation to be found at my other blog Beyond the Lone Islands. In the next few weeks I’m more likely to turn up on that blog than here. I had this post half-prepared though, having “saved” these pictures especially for the fishy FMTSO theme… ;)

7 comments:

  1. these are awesome, that litle girl is adorable. another great thing done in your town and captured for us by YOU. see you when you get time

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a strange sight, I never know what's going to turn up in your town next. Since it's an environmental thing, I guess the fish are not to buy and cook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite has to be the one of the little girl - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for saving these; they are perfect. I wonder what kind of fish those are. And I hope you come back again because I always enjoy your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that someone is doing something for the environment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little girl peeking over the edge through her hat! cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not get to take part in the Fishing session but am visiting. Love the shot of the little miss.
    Great job.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete

The blog is "in hibernation" and comments are OFF for the time being

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands