Thursday, 26 January 2012

Friday My Town – Delicate

CIMG6883

Thin ice

 

CIMG6899-1

First tiny snowflakes on spider web threads

 

CIMG6688

Candy-striped amaryllis

 

DSCN2003-1

Model ship with sails made of lace (Textile Museum)

 

DSCN2004-1

Details of frail sail

 

CIMG3221

Summer left-overs (silky hairs of willowherb)

 

CIMG1458

Dying, worn-out butterfly (spoonfed by me in its last hours…)

 

- - -

Looking forward to seeing what delicate things everyone else found,

at Friday My Town Shoot-Out

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Oh, these are just wonderful!! I especially like the ship. I think If I had to do this theme, I would not find anything! Not near as diverse and beautiful as you did! I remember the poor butterfly you tried to save!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful images. Love the willowherb shot - delicacy itself!
    And really admire the second shot, a wonderful capture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful collection of images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone of them fit the theme to a T, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! What a collection. I thought I was in love with the lace sail until I saw your delicate heart in the delicate act of spoonfeeding a delicate butterfly. I wanted to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are all great for delicate theme, i like the spider web. i have 2 favorites although i love them ALL, the frail sale and the fluffy one under it. sooooo beautiful. you nailed this one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have never seen a boat with sails like that. Perfect. All of your subjects fit so well and the photography is amazing.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. the lacey patterns of the thin ice is wonderful. also the butterfly shot. loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The willow herb and butterfly are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. ;^) And what a gentle soul to spoon-feed a butterfly. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands