Friday, 16 March 2012

Friday My Town: Bring on the Green

CIMG7484

We don’t celebrate St Patrick’s here, but luckily Nature is doing her best to bring on the green anyway. I’m afraid I’ve not been too well and not able to be out and about a whole lot. But I did manage to take the camera out for a peek into a garden or two nearby.

Green is even getting a bit of competition from other colours:

CIMG7480

Snowdrops

CIMG7479

Crocuses

CIMG7481

CIMG7459-1

The spring sun also woke some small tortoiseshell butterflies up from winter hibernation this week.

CIMG7485

Why should a dustbin need to be dull?

 

For Friday My Town Shoot Out.

10 comments:

  1. so spring has sprung for sure for you and your camera. sorry you are feeling bad, hope you are better today. great idea on painting the dust bin, of course if i painted mine, there would be wrecks happening on our street from people laughing at my attempt. i can only paint with my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our dustbin is very dull by comparison. Small Tortoisehells already - I'm jealous! Hope you are feeling better. Love John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers look like they could be in my backyard. But I haven't seen a butterfly yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you have not been feeling well. It has been big time allergies around here with all the spring buds. I like the idea of the trash can. It does make you feel good to see all the new growth coming along. Blessings to you.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my I so love your flowers. I can't wait to go home and see my snow drops. ^_^

    Green

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better soon. I think you would have to be very poorly indeed before you stopped taking beautiful photos, though. The snowdrops looks so pretty and fresh amongst the greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like my snow drops better. I guess after a long winter, you just want green.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have those exact green dustbins here but minus the flowers, I like it. And the flowers are simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring is really lovely in uour part of the world! Nice to see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Crocuses, used to have them in my garden in S. Michigan - they mean spring. sometimes they would pop up through a light snow - the blue-lavendar is outstanding next to white snow.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands