Monday, 21 March 2011

Mosaic Monday: Playing With Shapes

2011-03-15 gina1

Any idea what you’re looking at?
The collage consists of three overlapping vertical pictures,
all different angles of the building below:

2011-03-15 gina2

I think I showed one photo on my other blog a few weeks ago,
but last week for the first time I walked up close to the whole building.
It is the latest addition to modern architecture in our town, built in
2010 to serve as head office for a fast-growing fashion company.

2011-03-15 gina4

Now I’m taking liberties and playing around with it,
twisting it beyond what the architects had in mind!

Some people complain that this building is spoiling the view
of the rest of the town, when you approach it by motorway.

DSCN2442

Well, what would I know…
I usually approach from under the motorway!

… … …

For more Monday Mosaics, go to Mary’s Little Red House

9 comments:

  1. it is a beautiful building, but i think i agree withthe complainers, it does not FIT your lovely old town. I like your old buildings and the special LOOK of your town and this is not that look. great playtime with the photos though. and i like the shot from under the roadway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea fot the mosaic. Love the angles, great mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they should have consulted you in the design stage. These are really good. Wish I'd thought of doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made this into modern art!! Building, what building???

    ReplyDelete
  5. How interesting! No, I had no idea what I was viewing. Good thing for explanations. There are always those who complain about new buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I'm not familiar with where ever you live, I can't comment on the suitability of its design. But I must say, I love buildings that reflect. And your playfulness makes for great viewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Adrian. The architects should consult you in future, give you their design and let you loose to play. I've afraid I'm a bit of a stick in the mud when it comes to new buildings but occasionally I see one I really love and I accept that they are necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having joined Mosaic Monday this week I am now enjoying blog hopping around the world admiring everyone else's beautiful photography and gaining inspiration. It cheers me when so much of the world around us is in turmoil for one reason or another.

    What a clever mosaic you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great photos dear Dawn, I love your collage of the walls, very nicely put together and what a fantastic example of modern architecture.

    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands