Friday, 9 December 2011

Advent Calendar – Friday 9th December 2011

9_CIMG5506a-1 wheel of fortune FMTSO

“The wheel of fortune turns around incessantly,
and who can say to himself, I shall today be uppermost.”
~ Confucius ~

 

 

 This post will be linked to Friday My Town Shoot Out.
The theme of the week is ‘Wheels’.

 The old engine wheel is an all-year-round decoration at the entrance of a restaurant recently opened in the premises of an exhibition hall which once upon a time was an engine shed.

There is also an old engine kept inside the exhibition hall :

DSCN5123-2

13 comments:

  1. It seems I saw this train on a long ago post. But not the wheel, it is so pretty, and perfect for a restaurant decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely locomotive and nice treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny, you remember right. The photo of the locomotive is from last year I think. The restaurant however just recently opened; I have not been inside it but just took a look outside one day when I happened to be in the neighbourhood. I think it's only open when there is some event going on. Most events in this place have quite expensive entrance fees to start with, so not a place I visit very frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful and I like the holly trim around it. i do love old trains and this is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the old train. Trains always make for interesting shots. I also like your wheel of fortune and the quote that goes along with it. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always watched the Wheel of fortune, and wish I was there, but I have no idea how much things are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that big red wheel! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very magnificent shot of the train!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful shots but my favourite has to be the train - I like the olde worlde treatment you have given it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the train shot but I also really like the quote from Confucious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes. We never know what's in store for us from one moment to the next.

    What's not to love about old trains - no, don't answer that it was rhetorical.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands