the art on the fountain is extraordinary. that first shot makes me want to wade around on the flagstones. great shot for the water spray to. i want to SEE it
The fountain is from 1941 and the artist behind it is Nils Sjögren (1894-1952). It is referred to just as the market fountain, since it is placed in the main square/marketplace. The decorations around it illustrate the history of working life in the town.
Beautiful photos, I like the first one especially.
ReplyDelete— K
Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel
Really refreshing!
ReplyDeletethe art on the fountain is extraordinary. that first shot makes me want to wade around on the flagstones. great shot for the water spray to. i want to SEE it
ReplyDeleteBeautiful fountain! Its etching is a work of art!
ReplyDeleteLovely shot!
Beautiful photo's Dawn.
ReplyDeleteFantastic shots of a beautiful fountain.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful watery pictures!
ReplyDeletewhat a wonderful way to tell the story of life.
ReplyDeletedaily athens
Lovely photos Dawn, that is quite an elaborate fountain with its decorative design!
ReplyDeletexoxoxo ♡
lovely design for a fountain...i wonder what this fountain is called.:p
ReplyDeleteGorgeously captured!!
ReplyDeleteWishing Well
The fountain is from 1941 and the artist behind it is Nils Sjögren (1894-1952). It is referred to just as the market fountain, since it is placed in the main square/marketplace. The decorations around it illustrate the history of working life in the town.
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos... Really love the first photo...
ReplyDeleteSplash! Beautiful watery photos!
ReplyDeleteThe water in the first photo is crystal clear! It's like a painting! Gorgeous photos! Have a great rest of the week!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was in the hospital, what I wouldn't have given to stand in THIS!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome photos! I love the first one, it looks so cool & clean! My WW entry is up too! Thanks and see you around.
ReplyDeleteJust right for a hot summers day.
ReplyDeleteStunning!!! Wow....impressive photos and photography skills. You simply amaze me each and every time I drop by.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by yesterday, I didn't get a chance to visit with anyone on Wednesday, so I'm playing catch-up!!!
Thursday's post: Pure Imagination
Have a terrific Thursday y'all!!