Things on my ‘mantlepiece’, i.e. really on top of the kitchen fan…
This was taken in the evening. The funny thing is that my kitchen window faces north-east. So how come I get a share of the evening sun as well? It comes reflected from the windows on the next building!
Linked to Shadow Shot Sunday.
Mrs Cocktail-stick holder looks a cheery cahracter!
ReplyDeleteShe is a present from a friend many years ago and has lived in my kitchen ever since. Sometimes she gets a holiday over Christmas and a bunch of gnomes take over her job.
ReplyDeleteso you have a reflected shadow, way cool. I love when the sun comes in and makes me SEE the objects on the wall, this one is very sharp and clear, the shadow and the photo.
ReplyDeleteGreat shot. Cute mantle.
ReplyDeleteDarryl and Ruth :)
Very nice photo.
ReplyDeleteRegards and best wishes
Very creative. I like it and love the idea.
ReplyDeleteLess could possibly be more. Just my humble opinion.
Adrian: I tried less, but by then the light had already changed and the shadows got 'less' too. So I went with the first spontaneous shot.
ReplyDeleteI love that adorable little toothpick holder, and the shadow of the pepper grinder!
ReplyDeleteYou have some neat things sitting around showing off their shadows.
ReplyDeleteShadows morning and evening? Lucky you!
ReplyDeleteSHADOW PLAY
Shadows like horses, shadow likes chicks,
Shadows like houses built with red bricks;
Shadows much taller than a high wall—
No matter their shape, I love them all!
© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher
Shadowy Skeleton