Saturday, 22 December 2012

Saturday 22 December – Stylish Bears

CIMG2118_Japan

Centered red circle on a white rectangle.Japan

The national flag of Japan is a white rectangular flag with a large red disk (representing the sun) in the center.

 

Artist: Suiko Shimon

”In my dreams I am young again and you look at me while the autumnal wind is grazing through the soft hair of your temples. (Mori Ôgai)”

 

 

Dominikanska Republiken

Dominican Republic

The Dominican Republic is a nation on the island of Hispaniola, part of the Greater Antilles archipelago in the Caribbean region. The western third of the island is occupied by the nation of Haiti, making Hispaniola one of two Caribbean islands, along with Saint Martin, that are shared by two countries. Both by area and population, the Dominican Republic is the second largest Caribbean nation after Cuba.

 

Artist: Amado Melo

“The light, the colours, and the refined, intense moves of this bear symbolise the sensitive and intense emotional state of the Dominican people.

The observers experience a wave of excitement, spirituality and happiness of the Dominican people.

Amado Melo”

 

 

Kazakstan

 File:Coat of arms of Kazakhstan.svg

Kazakhstan

Kazakhstan is a country in Central Asia and Eastern Europe. It is the world's largest landlocked country; its territory is larger than Western Europe. .

 

Artist: Layla Mahat

“Strange people travel across this land with their homes and their cattle. Caravans with strangers and their wares come by. The most impassable roads in the world. The wildest rivers in the world. The steppe filled with stones, with characters engraved thousands of years ago. Birds gliding through the air spreading their wings for hours. The horses gallop faster than the wind here going without water for days on end. This is the land of the great ghosts – talking to me and to the wind. Should I miss that? How could I not be here? - Leyla Mahat”

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I am not sure how long you can keep posting bears but I love them. Madder than a box of frogs are you lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to see the many ways a bear can be dressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the eyelashes on the last one...and the simple white one for Japan is unexpected, but i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were right on the money with naming this bunch. I do not get Japan, it looks like just some writing and nothing else?? I keep looking to see if I missed something, but it just looks like someone scribbled on it!! Kazakhstan is my very favorite so far!!! I would have this bear in a minute if I could! Can people buy them afterward? If so, bid for me and stop at a million, maybe they will pay the shipping!!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands