Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Wednesday 12 December – Bears on the Map

… or the other way round.

Nya Zeeland

Nya Zeeland

New Zealand

Artist: Peter Hoffman

“I have covered my bear with typical New Zealand motives, mainly flora and fauna.”

(Same artist but not the same bear as on the BB homepage.)

 

Slovenien

Slovenien

Slovenia

 Artist: Marjan Kekec-Ogradni

“Our unique globe is composed by the four elements air, water, fire and earth. The increasing exploitation of our nature and the growing number of wars is an immense threat for our planet. If we want the earth to continue to be worth living on, we have to act quickly, as it's already five to twelve. Representing this apocalypse is Death on the front of my bear.”

 

Moldavien

Moldavien

Moldova

Artist: Valeriu Kurtu

“Moldova's bear tells several satiric stories which happened during the last twenty years.

Moldova is a green land, which explains the bear's colouring. In my opinion Moldova has the best red wine; a famous traveller once called it "small Switzerland".

Moldova is a small country. This is why I put it in the centre of a world map. At the same time I would like to convey the beauty of this country to the viewer, by way of the employed colours and the architectural motifs.”

3 comments:

  1. i love the green pajamas on the last one. cool postcards on the middle one. i am still loving this bears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the thought behind the Moldova bear and that one may be my favorite. Quite frankly, I have never heard of Moldova!! I do like the intricate face makeup on the first bear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first saw this one (I've just returned to do my comments) I spent ages reading about Moldavia because I realised that I knew so little about it. That was a fascinating detour which so often gets started by reading blogs. The New Zealand one is so typically Kiwi!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands