Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Wednesday 19 December – Blue Bears

Ukraina

Location of  Ukraine  (green)in Europe  (dark grey)  —  [Legend]

Ukraine

Artist: Natalia Rudjuuk

“In the Ukrainian bear the traditions of popular decorative mural paintings are combined with the present and past life of the Ukrainian people.”

 

 

Kuwait

kuwait flag 
Kuwait

Artist: Thuraya Al-Baqsami

“When I was working on my bear, the war in Iraq had just finished. As I was very relieved about that I used cheerful colours to paint my bear. I'm dreaming of peace for all the people of this world.

The palm tree on the bear's belly symbolises kindness. I've generally used many symbols and show the observer a nostalgic view of Kuwait. I got inspired by the beauty of the Arabic heritage: By its masterful craft, its art of weaving, the many Arabic legends and, not least, by the beauty of the Arabian desert.”

 

 

Kap Verde

 

Location of Cape Verde (circled).

The Republic of Cape Verde, is an island country, spanning an archipelago of 10 islands located in the central Atlantic Ocean, 570 kilometres (350 miles) off the coast of Western Africa.

Artist: David Levy Lima

My bear radiates "the Lightness of Being" and would like to share its joie de vivre with all those people looking at him.
--- a landscape of volcanoes, sand dunes and the sea. The hot sun makes the light flicker - music is in the air.

 

Grekland

Location of  Greece  (dark green)– in Europe  (green & dark grey)– in the European Union  (green)  —  [Legend]

Greece

Artist: Leda Luss-Luyken

Greece is --- the home of the antique Olympic Games and the idea of peace related to them. In ancient Greece there was a commitment to international peace during the Olympic Games.

I've dedicated my "Olympic bear" to this sports event and its ideals of international understanding.

The main colour is blue, the colour of Greece, the sea and the sky. This blue hasn't been applied evenly, but in light and dark shades representing the ups and downs of life.

3 comments:

  1. you may have told us in former post, but i don't remember if you did. how many bears are there in your town. all of these just amaze me... i like the Greece one from these today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! Beautiful blues! I like Ukraine the very best today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a wonderful job showcasing these bears! I've enjoyed each and every post!
    Many wishes for a Blessed and Joyous Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands