Thursday, 20 January 2011

Friday My Town–Black And White

DSCN1421-1

▲ Along one of my walks there are some rather modern houses surrounded by a fence that I think might be older than the buildings. Some of the trees in the garden definitely must be. And with snow on top they make an even better picture! ▼

2011-01-13 Black-and-white collage

All of the photos in this post were taken last week, just after we had had a fresh snow-fall making the world all shiny white and pretty again. Since then we have had thaw, and rain, and the remaining snow going all dirty, and then all freezing to ice again…! Ah well… With the camera, we can freeze the moment!!!

 

DSCN1428-1

This abandoned old brick building is another place I pass on this walk. Now in the winter it’s more apparent than ever that it is not used for anything, since a mountain of snow from the road has been allowed to grow in front of the door.

 

DSCN1430-1

This photo is actually NOT black-and-white. It’s just black and white! Can you tell? ;)

 

See more black-and-white at Friday My Town

19 comments:

  1. these are beautiful, your town is just as pretty in black and white as in color. i like those old doors in the brick building. keep snapping I am waiting for more and more

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice series of photos! I really like the last two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so lovely, great photos! xoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, I really like the empty brick building.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are beautiful. You know, I didn't even convert my photos this week to black and white. It is already black and white due to the season. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous snow shot, I just love the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I opened your post with great anticipation and was not disappointed. I want to make the brick building useful again.... I am that way with all old building - good thing Camillo has no 'real' money or I would spend it all renovating. your B&W in color has a touch of blue sky. lovely all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the fench and post, but my favorite is the building and old doors great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magnificent tree. A beautiful post for the theme.
    Snow is one thing most of us have. Either a little or a lot. We have about 4 inches and more coming, I just heart.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy, I could get lost in that last picture! My mind got all soft and quiet. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes, the trunk is just a bit brown. I love trees in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shots - really like the last one of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The last picture is stunning! And I like all that snow on the post. How about snapping a picture of the front of YOUR building? I have been driving around taking pictures of places we have lived, thought that might make for a good post, with a little story for each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...what stunning shots!! I loved every one!! Wow, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm impressed that you can get such an impressive black and white picture without doing it in black and white! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Even though we are quite a distance apart, our weather is very similar. Love the tree shot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the abandoned building shot and them I saw the tree...that is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Black & white pics have such impact - and no I would not have known the last one was different. It's a very attractive tree.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands