Monday, 24 January 2011

* A Stylish Award *

stylish-blogger1

This award was given to me by Mersad at Mersad Donko Photography.

I’m honoured, of course – but also in trouble!!! Because, as most awards circulating in the Blog world, it comes with a set of rules…

There are four steps to follow that come along with this award.

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.

4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

---

Seven Things Or One Story:

1. I have had pen friends in other countries ever since the days when one had to use pen and paper and stamps, and could not even imagine such a thing as the Internet.

2. It was an Australian pen pal who got me blogging two years ago.

3. Hardly had I got started before she sent me a “Treasured Friends” award which I was supposed to pass on to five other people.

4. Five?! I had not even “met” five people in the Blog World yet!

5. So I had to start my career as a blogger by bending rules…

6. … and have continued as I started…

7. … and will probably continue to continue…!

8. (Bonus info, to prove my point) That’s a quote from Paul Simon.
In case you haven’t already noted, I tend to quote him a lot!

So I'll continue to continue to pretend
My life will never end,
And Flowers Never Bend With The Rainfall.

---

Now, I did give this some thought. Could I name 15 stylish blogs? Yes, I think I could. However, it is doubtful whether they would qualify as “recently discovered”; unless you stretch “recently” to (dis)cover 2 years (i.e. my whole blog-life)...

Because, you see, I like to discover things slowly. When I run around trying to explore too many new blogs at once (which I sometimes do), what happens is that after a while I see names appearing on my dashboard list and have to admit: Hey, I have no idea who that is!!!

Now, checking the award posts by Mersad (who gave the award to me) and Doreen (who gave it to Mersad), I find no less than twelve of my own favourites who were already just recently given this award…

This leaves me in a rather tricky situation. Because if I am to exclude those twelve, and pick fifteen others from my blog rolls, that would leave only a handful or so rather randomly and unfairly “unpicked”… (Not to mention that having to decide would give me a sleepless night!)

So I’m just putting the spotlight on three (12+3=15) whom I have been following for some time (but not from “the very beginning”), and who have not already - as far as I know – been given this award. (Although that might have changed while I’ve been writing this post!)

Other things these three have in common:

* All three have their own individual style
* All three have a great sense of humor

* All three have an excellent eye for photography, and there’s not much they would not do to get the photo they want…!

Adrian’s Images

Let Your Light Shine (Ginny)

Madsnapper (Sandra)

---

PS. Since I’ve already bent “the rules”… Feel free to do the same…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, I am a non award person, but i do appreciate it. i do that mainly because I feel anyone who creates a blog and fights with blogger deserves and award. Loved this post and your 7 things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot to say, i did remove my photo and just have the name of the blog. got tired of the circus shot and will wait until blogger gets the problem fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica, thank you. I don't do awards I'm afraid. It is a kind thought though.
    I enjoyed your prevarication as much as the award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same concern when I picked the blogs, but fortunately me and Doreen didn't intersect much. But i did know that handing it out further would cause blogs to be nominated twice. I think you did the right thing here! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands