Sunday, 16 January 2011

My Shadow

DSCN0634-1

No sun today, so I had to go back in my archives looking for shadows!
This photo is from about a month ago, but as for the snow situation, things do not look much different. The shadow in the middle is of course the one that should normally be avoided in a picture: that of the photographer! I was well aware of it when I took this photo though - believe it or not… ;) It was the perspective lines, shadows included, that fascinated me in this picture.

Shadow Shot Sunday # 139 at ‘Hey Harriet’

PS. Her post this week is well worth a visit for her words on the Queensland flood alone.

11 comments:

  1. I like how it's not obvious that your shadow is in fact your shadow. It could be mistake for a shadow of a pole. You look so tall and thin! What's your secret? ;)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Harriet... Ah, "I wish"...! Alas, the secret is all in the low winter sun... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't had any sun for four days and counting now...I really enjoyed your sunny, shadowy photo!!!

    Selena Statue on the Bay

    http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/2011/01/along-bay-she-stands-tall-and-proud.html

    Hope your day is a happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything in the photos is long and lean looking, you got the perspective perfectly. it is a beautiful capture of winter and shadows

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great perspective lines!

    Have a nice day, Boonie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, nice to see the sun. We haven't had it for awhile now here in northern CA. Beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I need to go out immediatly and take pictures of myself in the late afternoon when the long shadows come. Because you look skinny as that pole!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful perspective!

    http://design-elements-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, soft shadowy shapes in your winter world! A delightful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, nice shot! I just stopped over from the SSS blog hop. Really enjoyed looking at your photos!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands