Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Mosaic Monday: The Park At Night

2011-01-02 TownPark; night; illumination

When my aunt and uncle were visiting on Sunday after New Year, we went into the town centre late at night for an icy-snowy-slippery walk in the town park, taking photos of the illuminated trees there.

The lights have been up all December but since I’m rarely in town after dark I had not seen them in their full glory. Unfortunately I still don’t have a proper tripod, only a small table-size one, but for some pictures I managed to place that on top of a wastepaper basket or similar for support. Not easy to keep the camera still free-hand long enough for night-shots (especially since my right arm is my “bad” one). So some turned out very blurry – but some quite good.

I will be showing some of them in bigger format later, but I thought I’d start out with a collage of some of the unedited shots for

 Mosaic Monday at Mary’s Little Red House

Apologies for being a bit late - but maybe somewhere in the world it is still Monday?

 Monica

3 comments:

  1. these are beautiful, i have the same problem with my camera and i don't have a tripod. i had one but it required me to bend from the waist which with my back i could not do. i need one that extends up to shoulder height if they make them. i do the same thing, find something to sit the camera on or i find if i lean my arm on a tree or something hard it helps.glad you got out to see this. i don't go out at night, so don't get these type photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are excellent pictures, Monica! You've seen that I have taken lots of night pictures, and I don't have a tripod, either. You can't even breathe while the shutter is open! Mine come out about like yours, more than half are blurry, and I delete those. But after lots of snaps, I ususlly get at least one good one. Your idea of how to steady the camera was very good!! We need to be creative, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shots of the lighted trees, they are beautiful. Happy New Years.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands