Monday, 21 February 2011

Mosaic Monday: Green Glass

2011-02-19 textile museum1

Glassware from an exhibition of 60’s/70’s Swedish Design at our Textile Museum. More pictures from the Museum can be seen at my other blog, Beyond the Lone Islands. I think these glass objects (or some of them) were designed by Erik Höglund (1932-1998).

 

DSCN2153-1

When I got home from the exhibition, I took out one of my own green glass plates and held it up against the light. If memory doesn’t fail me, I bought those (I have eight of them) on a holiday trip in 1977, at one of the famous Swedish glassworks Kosta or Boda (nowadays merged into Kosta Boda). Erik Höglund worked at Boda 1953-1973. I don’t suppose my plates are his design… but maybe influenced by his ideas?

See more Monday Mosaics at Mary’s Little Red House.

13 comments:

  1. Wow. They really are green, very green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your green glass collage is beautiful, but WOW! Your header is stunning!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are all gorgeous. yours included. at first i thought they were all yours until i read the post. the photos came out really realy good

    ReplyDelete
  4. The exhibition at the museum was very well done with the light just right to bring colours out and everything. My goodness Sandra where do you think I live - in a palace? I wouldn't have room to move with all that glass in my own home! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your plate is stunning and definately my favorite!! Do you use them for company? do you have them displayed? I would buy them If I saw them in a store here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd name this "Green Sunshine"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ginny - My green glass plates are small ones and I use them for sandwiches, cake, dessert etc. Back when I bought them I had a green kitchen (the cabinet doors were painted green).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your plates are wonderful. There's a green lover in this house...he finds all things green very calming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them...glorious green...seems like spring...and that's all the poetry I can come up with...love the photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your greens are so beautiful they are popping off the screen. They absolutely glow they are so pretty. The exhibit must have been wonderful. Lovely .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, such lovely greenness! I love the all the green glass. Very pretty collection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love coloured glass..........this is a beautiful mosaic.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands