Sunday, 6 February 2011

My Calendar 2011 *January* + Shadow Shot Sunday

1101-DSCN4411-1

Oh, this February is a dreary month from photography point of view – at least so far. So I’ve decided that over the next two weeks (starting with this post), I am going to share pictures I chose for my Wall Calendar 2011 (which only exists in a few copies I had printed for myself, family and friends).

You will recognize today’s picture from my header. (If you happen to look at the post at a later date, the header may have been changed, though!) It is perhaps more of a ‘reflection’ picture than a ‘shadow shot’. But there is still a tension between light and shadow in it, so I hope it will be approved of as contribution for Shadow Shot Sunday.

- - -

Mondays I will be posting collages for Mosaic Monday as usual, no calendar pictures. As for the rest, I think I’ll be able to fit most of the calendar pictures in with the other weekly challenges I’ve been trying to participate in from here lately. We’ll see how inspiration flows…

12 comments:

  1. It is a glorious photo of reflections, the surface tension of the water creates small shadows. :)

    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shadows and reflections are an amazing combination. To me they appear to be a mirror into a parallel world. This is simply a beautiful shot. I can't imagine our local ducks being happy to have their feet in such cold looking water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a wonderful photo and so is the header. when you show your photos of ducks i always wonder how they stand that cold water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You think this photo is dreary? Oh boy, I don't!! I love it. The clarity, the subject, the textures and shadows...everything is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hootin' Anni - Sorry, a bit of a misunderstanding here, I think... It is the weather outside my windows just now that is not inspiring me to a lot of new photos: all grey skies, and old snow and ice thawing away on the ground... Which is why I choose to go back in time instead, for the next two weeks. The photo in today's post was taken in January 2010 and considered by myself as one of my best from that month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure the ducks appreciate the open water!

    SILLY SHADOW DITTY

    Shadows may or may not be
    Patterns of urbanity.
    If a shadow threatens you,
    Here, my dear, is what to do:
    Grab the shadow by the throat,
    Toss it to a billy goat,
    So the goat can chomp and chew,
    Keeping it away from you!


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Sinister, Shadowy Spyhole

    ReplyDelete
  7. On Golden Pond is a good way to describe the scene. Beautiful golden shadows and reflections, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree! On Golden Pond is the perfect way to describe your capture and I love it! Beautiful golden light! Hope you have a wonderful week!!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful light. It is a dull wet start to the month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree completly, same here. February is maybe the worst month of the year for photography. This is a beautiful and peaceful picture, and what a great idea to let us see your calendar!!!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)

Welcome to also visit my main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands